Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Prayers and an Epiphany

Lord,..

I seem to be driving myself crazy, trying to figure out how to balance everything…
Kids activities; family activities; church activities; school activities
Homework, housework,
The Checkbook…..
There never seems to be enough time or money….
Now that I’ve lost my job…and You know how I worry about having enough….
Lord, that worry that seems to engulf me…
I know you have a plan for me…for our family and I know you are always watching over us, Lord making sure we have everything we NEED,
BUT what do I do as a mom about all the WANTS….
I know life shouldn’t be about things…I get that…but when the kids come to me and say…
"But all my friends have them…can’t we just buy one of those…why can’t I go on that trip, to that concert…
I’LL NEVER ASK FOR ANOTHER THING AGAIN EVER…..
I feel so lost Lord, …what am I doing wrong?
I know in my soul that you have a plan for us Lord,
In Proverbs 19:21 It is said "Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails."
YOU have everything planned for us…
But Lord, how do I get passed this madness, all the running around in so many different directions
When all I want to do is run to you…
I feel so lost…but I know you’ll never leave me…
In Luke 15:4 It says "If one of you has a hundred sheep and one is lost, don’t you leave your 99 to search, until you find it?"
I try to hide sometimes Lord, but I know you will always find me Lord,
I just want to stop all this madness, and
LET YOU lead me Lord…



Father God
I am down…really down, I put on my happy face…so no one can see… my sadness…I feel like I have failed, failed you, failed my family…failed myself. Just the other day, I was really feeling worn out, by finances, by the lack of ability to find a job, by life itself…the madness that keeps swirling through my heart and head…
So I logged onto the internet, to try and blank out that madness…
and I experienced, what my mom has always called "God moments" which I KNOW, is you Lord. As I was surfing, I discovered the message you had for me…in a song..…..
The pathway is broken
And the signs are unclear
And I don’t know the reason why you brought me here
But just because you love me the way that you do
I’m gonna walk through the valley
If you want me too
Cause I’m not who I was
When I took my first step
And I’m clinging to the promise you’re not through with me yet
So if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will go through the fire
If you want me too
It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that’s not my home
But you never said it would be easy
You only said I’d never go alone
So when the whole world turns against me
An I’m all by myself
And I can’t hear you answer my cries for help
I’ll remember the suffering your love put you through
And I will go through the valley
If you want me too
If You Want Me Too
By Ginny Owens
Lord, I’ll keep walking the path you have laid out for me…please don’t let go…



---Another "God moment" Lord…you are truly amazing!!! I should have known you reach out to us even through email ...a very good friend of mine, an angel of yours, sent me this…
It read:
"Concentrate on this sentence
’To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did’ When God takes something from your grasp, He’s not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.
Concentrate on this sentence.....
’The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.’
Something good will happen to you today.
Something that you have been waiting to hear."
Well Lord…my attitude is changing…
You’re breaking through this madness…
I’m beginning to realize that
If I just release my worry, my sadness to you…
I can see past it, and to my amazement…
Something good happens to me everyday…
I wake up…and if I just look… I can see the beauty outside my very own window…
the very breath in my healthy (ok relatively) healthy body…
The Everyday hugs and a kisses from my three beautiful children…… every moment I have with them is a blessing… everyday, every hour…
The many women, I am blessed with as friends…
The miracle mom you gave me…
The loving and supportive husband you blessed me with…
I could go on and on Lord…
Lord….
THROUGH YOU
ALL THAT MADNESS GOES AWAY…
AND ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE.
AMEN!!!

No comments: