Thursday, March 6, 2008

Funny...

I must be one of the most vain people in the world when it comes to my hair...I am overweight right now...am not the best dressed, but when it comes to my hair...I must have it just right...ok, most of the time...anyway............

On my 40th birthday, that passed quietly, unfortunately...even my parents forgot..(another subject entirely and another blog) But on my birthday...i ran my fingers throught my hair to reveal that the roots of my current color (yes, i said current - it changes frequently) was GREY!!!!!!!!!!! You see, On the day my son was born, I did the same, and that is when it first reared its ugly grey head...) To further explain...i dont get grey here and there like most people, I HAVE A SKUNK STRIPE right down the middle of my head! Yes, right down the middle of my beautiful 150$ color...(still cant figure that one out, but that's another blog entirely)...

so i run to the store, cant stand having that much grey showing...grab the color of the month, and so i'm in the bathroom coloring over that nasty grey, and my tman walks in and just stands there...the bathroom is stinking to high heaven, and i'm rubber gloved and trying desperately to reach the back of my head...looking atrocious I'm sure...and I ask (rather rudely I'm ashamed to admit) "may i help you" and he says, "no, i didnt need anything, just wondered why you were doing that?" I went on to explain that the grey had appeared AGAIN..(my family knows very well my battle with the "grey") and my precious boy said...I dont know why your doing that mom...you always look great to me!"

awwwwww

He is such a wonderful boy...

My husband tends to chalk up this attitude he has, to "eddie haskal" syndrome, for those of you who are too young to remember Leave it to Beaver, eddie was the constant suck up to mrs. kleaver...but the best thing is, i truly believe he means every word...

Ok so the funny is:

so i go to give him a hug...and he backs up, and said...you look great mom, but could you hug me when you dont stink!

out of the mouths of babes!!!

1 comment:

~Lisa~ said...

Awwww! That's why God made you his momma and he your son!!

Lol at his last comment!