Friday, May 9, 2008

Update...

I havent blogged in a while so to keep up with my life I must add an update...

Since my last in depth blog, I found the courage to confront my issues (or the person I had the issues with)...and we cried, laughed, and cries some more. Another wise friend shared that we need to look within to see why we are doing something (i.e. being on a committee to help our kids) and I was being very prideful and not seeing the big picture...who cares who does what...as long as it gets done and the kids are the benefactors in the end...So, I have a new outlook on things...I reupped for another year, so we'll see how it goes, but I think it will be fine with this new attitude I have. :)

Tonight, I am heading out with one of my favorite friends to train a gaggle of teenagers how to camp and be program assistants...I love to camp, so it should be fine (as long as my back can take it); I am teaching knife safety again (hoping this time I dont have to demonstrate accidentally how to clean a knife wound...yes, i was actually giving a knife safety course and cut myself...what? it happens! I do put myself out there to help the masses :)) I am also incharge of teaching knot tying, which are two of my specialities as a girl scout trainer, so i am looking forward to it.

But most of all I am looking forward to hanging out with my oldest and getting that one on one time that is quickly becoming a rare thing...I just pray (daily) that I have done the right things with her and that she turns out to be an independent adult. From the looks of things, so far so good. She is such a blessing!

Lastly, I am trying not to overreact. I had an MRI yesterday and wont know the results till monday or tuesday, which makes me crazy...the not knowing part...when someone else has something, i can talk them through it and help them stay calm...but when its me...it's a whole other ballgame...

Lord give me strength...

1 comment:

~Lisa~ said...

Thanks for reupping! :)

What's up with the MRI? I am far, far away! 3 hours from Disney - woo hoo! Hope whatever it is turns out okay. I will check with you as soon as I get home. Hugs & prayers, hon!!!