Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My first born...

It seems like only yesterday that my beautiful bundle of joy was laid in my arms for the first time...very ready to be a mom, we had tried and tried and until we gave it to God, it was then and only then...he showered his blessings on us...with the birth of our beautiful girl...ten fingers and ten toes...and a little bow mouth and nose just like me...

Such an easy kid...loved to do whatever...loved watching educational shows...we were die hard barney fans...saw the big purple dude 3 times in concert...loved sesame street, gulla gulla island, loved to perform and was good at showing off whenever we had to brag on her newest accomplishment...by the age of 18 month she could list the starting lineup for the chicago bulls....with their numbers...she read early...yes, i am bragging by 2 she was reading charlotte's web!

Last night, this beautiful young woman walked into my office and asked if we could talk...i of course said sure and she hands me a note....FROM A BOY! YIkes!

So i open it and it reads...'rumor has it that you like me'??? is this true?? please text me and let me know...

so she poses the question..."Mom...what do i do???"

see it is no secret that mads likes this boy...but what is the right answer??? I scanned my brain to say the right thing...so of course...i turn it on her and say "well, you like him right?" and she says "duh mom!"

Duh mom is right, she's 13...what in the world??? wasnt she just that little girl who loved to be pushed on the swings while we sang the swinging song??? "swinging on a swing, swining up so high, you can always touch the sky...swinging up so high."

so i go out on a limb and say...well, text him and say maybe, why do you?...this was of course the WRONG answer...!!!

she said she would ask her friends....strike out for mom! so she is on her way home now, so we will see how today went in jr. high.....

No comments: